Gujarat Income Tax Free Legal Services Cell (GITFLSC)
- The Gujarat Income Tax-Free Legal Services Cell(GITFLSC) has been constituted with an aim to provide free legal aid and assistance to the needy, marginalized and weaker sections of the society in the Gujarat Region.
- The GITFLSC is administered under the Executive Committee headed by the Pr.CCIT, Gujarat. The Working Committee formed at each CCSIT/DGIT charge at Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot and Surat stations, will provide free legal assistance to the eligible taxpayers.
- It is a totally free service and the eligible taxpayer need not pay any fee except the stationery/printing charges, etc, to any officer/official of GITFLSC or to the Advocate or Authorized Representative concerned, to whom his/her case is marked, for taking service related to Income Tax Matters.
Eligibility criteria to take services of GITFLSC:
- Having annual income for the year under consideration of less than Rs.5,00,000; or
- Member of a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe or
- A woman or a child or a widow or a Senior Citizen (In specific cases); or
- A person of disability as defined in clause (i) of section 2 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities,Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act 1995 (1 of 1996); or
- An industrial workman or salaried employee of any organization or retired salaried employee including serving and retired personnel from armed forces with annual income for the year under consideration less than Rs.5 Lac;or
- A tax exempt organization or Society or Trust; or having total receipts less than Rs.5 Lac per annum in the year under consideration.
- A religious or charitable organization having total receipts less than Rs.5 Lac per annum in the year under consideration; or
- Any other person(s) considered by the executive committee on the ground of hardship.
However, free legal service will not be available in the following cases:
- Proceedings wholly or partly in respect of person charged with penal or prosecution proceedings under I.T. Act.
- Proceedings incidental to any of the above proceedings.
- Proceedings in respect of cases where the demand raised is more than Rs.2,00,000/-.
- Search, seizure cases any survey cases.
Persons not having PAN:
Persons not having PAN may meet the Nodal Officer with their Aadhar No. to make a physical application.
For further information you may contact Gujarat Income Tax Free Legal Services Cell (GITFLSC) AT
Click here to submit your application
Income Tax Officer (Hq) (Judicial), Ahmedabad
GUJARAT INCOME TAX FREE LEGAL SERVICES CELL
329, Aayakar Bhavan,
Incometax char rasta,
Ahmedabad - 380009
Ph.No :- 079-27541686
Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org